I read about this tag when I was scrolling through tumblr so I thought I would take part in my first tag ever (I know 😮)! I wasn’t tagged to do this, but I thought I’d do it anyway. And if any of you guys want to do this tag, you have all been tagged!
I got these questions from My Little Book Blog. You can view her website here!
Fifty Bookish Questions Tag.
1. What was the last book you read?
I am currently reading Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, but the last book that I completed was A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton.
2. Was it a good one?
I’m not sure yet. It is a series with 24 books and I’ve only just finished the first one. I do have high hopes for the series. As I absolutely love crime and mystery novels. There’s is 24 novels in this series, so I’m not expecting anything extremely scandalous to happen in the first book.
3. What made it good?
As I said in the previous question, I’m not sure if It’s good yet!
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
5. How often do you read?
No where near as often as I’d like too!
6. Do you like to read?
Yes, I absolutely love it.
7.What was the last bad book you read?
I don’t think I’ve ever read a “bad” book. There are books that I don’t like, but that’s because they don’t suit my taste!
8. What made you dislike it?
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
Yes, very much so!
10. Has any book every influenced you greatly?
Yes. In a way, every book I read influences me in some way.
11. Do you read fan fiction?
I used too, not anymore though.
12. Do you write fan fiction?
Again, I used too. There’s one story I add too every now and then but that’s only because it was my first story I actually liked (in a way).
13. What’s your favorite book?
I don’t think I have one favourite book. But my favourite series is Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.
14. What’s your least favorite book?
Same with the previous question, I don’t think I have one.
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
Physical books, they smell better (lol).
16. When did you learn to read?
I actually don’t know. I’m pretty sure my mum has it written down somewhere. I want to say around 4 or 5. I remember getting a Meg & Mog book as a prize when I was in kindergarten (I turned 5 in kindergarten)!
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. There was this other book I read. It had a series of short, true stories, but I can’t remember what it was called. I remember the cover though. It had a silhouette of a man, with extremely life like flames in the background. So If anyone knows the name of that book, please tell me!
18. What is your favorite book series?
Uglies or Harry Potter!
19. Who is your favorite author?
I don’t have one. There isn’t one author whose every book I love (or have read), so I don’t consider myself to have a “most favourite” author.
20. What is your favorite genre?
Crime or horror.
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Oh my, how do I choose? I think I’m going to have to go with Hermione.
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Yes. All the time!
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
Most of the books I read are part of a series so I don’t think I have an answer to this question!
24. Which book do you wish DIDN’T have a sequel?
I don’t think there is a book that I wish didn’t have a sequel.
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
It depends on how invested in it I am and how many pages it has. For example, I can read Uglies by Scott Westerfeld in one day because I am absolutely in love with it. No matter how many times I’ve already read it. But when I read Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs for the first time it took about a month because it wasn’t that interesting to me.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
Sometimes. Sometimes the movie does the book justice, other times, not so much.
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
The Cat in The Hat.
I want to say Beautiful Creatures also, but I’ve never actually read the book. I started it but never finished it. I ended up watching the movie instead (bad move, I know) and it confused me so much I never ended up going back to the book.
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
Harry Potter and Silence of the Lambs.
29. Do you read newspapers?
30: Do you read magazines?
I used too when I was around 12/13, not so much anymore.
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
32. Do you read while in bed?
Yes! All the time.
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
I can’t say I’ve ever done that.
34. Do you read while in the car?
Yes! Whenever I can, I do.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
I don’t take baths. However, if I lived alone I probably would.
36. Are you a fast reader?
At times. I prefer to read slower though.
37. Are you a slow reader?
I’m not below the “normal” reading speed.
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
Somewhere where I can be alone without distractions from other people.
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
Not at all.
40. Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
No. Sometimes I listen to music while I read.
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
I’d have to say my mum or Matilda (yes, the Roald Dahl book). My mum reads all the time and so did Matilda. That made me want to explore the world of books.
42. What book is next on your list to read?
That list is very long but the two books at the top are either C is for Corpse by Sue Grafton or Hallow City by Ransom Riggs.
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
When I was in primary school. The library at my school had a yearly “reading competition” in which you would win prizes for the amount of books you read.
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
Roald Dahl, Stephen King or John Green.
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
Stephen King tbh.
47.What book have you reread the most?
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
Popular books I guess. Books that everyone knows about, even people who don’t read (or dislike doing so). Books like To Kill A Mockingbird, Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, The Great Gatsby, etc.
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
All books. I believe that all books have the potential to teach students something in a way.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
I don’t believe any books should be banned. Unless they are incredibly inappropriate for the school system.
Comment what your favourite book (or books) is!